John Fricke is widely-regarded as the world’s preeminent Wizard of Oz and Judy Garland historian and is the author of the new book, The Wonderful World of Oz.
Ryan Jay is a popular TV & radio film critic, appearing weekly on NBC-TV in Milwaukee & nationally syndicated by Premiere Networks on FM stations across America..
Spirit Of Oz
The Spirit of Oz is the premier troupe of Wizard of Oz characters in the United States! Our company is now in its tenth year of business and continue to grow.
“They Gave Us the Rainbow”
Aaron tells how his Great Grandfather (lyricist E.Y. “Yip” Harburg, and composer Harold Arlen, wrote all the songs for The Wizard of Oz movie!
FRIDAY, SEPT. 9
12:00pm – 5:00pm
SATURDAY, SEPT. 10
10:00am – 6:00pm
SUNDAY, SEPT. 11
10:00 am – 6:00pm
$10 per day | $27 for a 3-day festival pass | ** Children 1 and younger are free, any person older than 1 must pay admission to get in**
- Emerald City Wizard of Oz Vendor area
- Wizard of Oz costume characters
- Children and Adult costume contests
- Craft Vendors
- CONTESTS! (more info coming soon)
- Dorothy Gale Farm area – with Petting Zoo, Pony Rides, Hay Rides, Cow Train and more
- Special Speakers
- Enough surprises to put smiles on everyone’s face
- Food Vendors
- Metra Train Station about 1 1/2 miles away
- Plenty of parking
- Zip Line
- Special surprise presentations and More
- Auction featuring unique Wizard of Oz collectibles and special items from around Chicagoland